Tuesday 5 September 2017

Would you like to get well? (Adrian)

Afterward Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days. Inside the city, near the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda, with five covered porches. Crowds of sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches. One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”   John 5:1-6

God has been asking me the same question lately, "Would you like to get well?" It seems a pretty obvious question to someone in my condition. 

Jesus wasn't asking the man, "Let me help you?" but asked him "Would you like to get well?" 

The issue that Jesus was trying to address wasn't just the man's illness. His issue was a heart issue. The man had already given up.

Sometimes, we continue living because we had to but we live as if we have already given up. There is nothing worth fighting for anymore. We called this "living dead".

For me Given up is an easy option, it is so easy...... I know "to die is gain" in NLT Paul said, dying is even better, he long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for him". 

A brother was asking me the same questions on Sunday, would you like to be healed?. In my mind, I was thinking what kind of question was this. I kept dodging the question and he had to ask me a couple of times. A sister over lunch asked me the same thing but in a different way, encourage me to fight for the people that I loved.

They forced me to confront myself a question, "Have I given up already?" and if I am not, what am I fighting for? 

Am I running it with a mentality of crossing the finishing line or am I trying to run it for as long as possible for the benefit of the ppl around me and the unfinished work.

I know there will be a few soul searching and be stilling moments with Father God for me.  My journey continues.....................

Are you living a life as if you are dying?
What are you fighting for?
Anything worth fighting for?


20 For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. 21 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. 22 But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. 23 I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. 24 But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.

25 Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith. 26 And when I come to you again, you will have even more reason to take pride in Christ Jesus because of what he is doing through me.

Phillippians 1:20-26

1 comment:

  1. My brother, as you know most people today lives as the animals; – eating , drinking, pleasures of reproduction, lusts of this world, slaves of religions, watching 666-TV, take care of families holes / homes, ….etc , and then they dies as the animals, by ending in Hell fire. But there are few men on the earth today that are sick of this vain / animals life. And therefore they seek the true meaning of life / existence and we found it only with the Creator of this world whose name is El יהוה / Yahweh the King of Heaven . And so, then if you are also sick of your vain / animals life and would to have your own encounter with alive Creator of this world El יהוה / Yahweh Almighty, then go to His servant’s website www.prophecyofyahweh.com and you shall find the way of encounter with your Heavenly Father El יהוה / Yahweh , as well as I and many others found it. Amen. HalleluYah !

    ReplyDelete