Friday 6 October 2017

Walking Through the Valley of Death (Adrian)

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.


In the past week, it was like walking through the valley of death, my left lung has collapsed, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, in pain, breathless and totally exhausted. I have never been this physically low in my life. There is no light in the tunnel apart from clinging onto His rod and staff, these are my only comfort. 

As I am journeying into the valley, the journey was as hard as anyone could have imagined. God didn't make it easy for me BUT His Rod and His Staff is just as equally real, divine and powerful.

So many things happening in the space of this week confiming that again, again and again, the Father that I follow is so Good to me.

My brother and his girlfriend plus Christine's sister came to visit me from HK and Peijing yesterday. God opened up a door for me to share my faith with them, something that I have been praying about for the last 30 years. God gave me an opportunity to pray with them individually in my death valley moment. How great is this!

Last night, I regained a little strength, God prompt me to pray for the patients in my ward, 2 of them are very critical and has been restless the previous night. I prayed for life over death in the ward, I prayed for peace over restless. Last night, we had the most peaceful night while I am in hospital. How faithful is this!

This morning, I started the day with my morning devotion, God gave me Psalm 18, I read through the whole chapter. 

 verse from below
12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
    with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
    the voice of the Most High resounded.


Yesterday, as I was transported to another hospital for an emergency radiotherapy, I saw a blasing sun cut throught the the dark clouds . What a confirmation!

17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.


Then, God prompted me to pray for my generational sins and curse, where there is a pattern of pre-mature deathness in the line of the family. Both my parents died in my 20s, one of my uncle and auntie died left with 2 teenager girls years ago. I repented, asked for forgiveness, breaking of bondage and healing in the family line.

I recommitted my life and my family to Jesus today and walk another day.

Pslam 18
1 I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

 called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and I have been saved from my enemies.
The cords of death entangled me;
    the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
The cords of the grave coiled around me;
    the snares of death confronted me.

In my distress I called to the Lord;
    I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
    my cry came before him, into his ears.
The earth trembled and quaked,
    and the foundations of the mountains shook;
    they trembled because he was angry.
Smoke rose from his nostrils;
    consuming fire came from his mouth,
    burning coals blazed out of it.
He parted the heavens and came down;
    dark clouds were under his feet.
10 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
    he soared on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
    the dark rain clouds of the sky.
12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
    with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
    the voice of the Most High resounded.

14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,
    with great bolts of lightning he routed them.
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
    and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, Lord,
    at the blast of breath from your nostrils.

16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! Adrian, u are the light of your family and in the hospital, even though u are right in the midst of the storm! I will keep praying for you to win this battle gloriously, and your generational curse has surely been broken by the faith you now have in our Lord!! In Jesus' name Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May blessings be showered to others through you. Keep praying for you.🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lord Jesus our Almighty and one and only Savior! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly a faithful servant of God! Blessed you Adrian. In the midst of your illness, you remained faithful in trusting Him n praying for others. May lesser beings learnt from your faithfulness to our gracious God. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete