Wednesday 20 September 2017

Prayer List No.7 - When the ocean rise and thunders roar - 20/09/2017 (Christine)

We had been sailing in rough sea this past week....
The ocean is rising and thunders are roaring....

The doctor explained in details that the first line target treatment is no longer working - the cancer cell starts to mutate and worsen.  Adrian seems to be weaker everyday, losing weight and strength, and had not been able to eat much.   In moments of panic and fear, I struggled very hard to steer the boat across the high waves - in fact I realised that this boat is only a tiny portion of faith that I am hanging onto - and I began to have doubts and sinking down the sea....

Then I saw Jesus, amid the high winds and thunder storm, walking on the waves towards me and said 'Don't be afraid' ......

Like Peter I said to Jesus, asking Him to show me some kind of sign and confirmation, “If it is You, Lord, tell me to come to You on the water. ”  Indeed Jesus told me to come to Him.   Hence same as Peter I got out of the boat and walked on the water to Jesus.   But when I encountered the strong wind and high waves, I was afraid and I began to go down in the water.   I cried out to Jesus, “Lord, save me!”  and I felt Jesus put out His hand and took hold of me immediately....

Why did I doubt?
Meanwhile a few sisters share that the waves and water thrusting towards us are not to destroy but to CLEANSE, HEAL and RESTORE!  All I have to do is to keep on trusting Jesus and keep my eyes above the waves and focus on Him alone.
 Psalm 91 came back to me as a reassurance:
“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honour him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

Please continue to pray for:
  • Adrian to regain appetite and body strength to continue to fight the cancer.
  • For the Lord to provide a good and effective second line target treatment.
  • Our soul, heart and mind to focus totally on Jesus....
Thank you all for your continuous prayers and support - as Adrian said in his last post - what have we done to deserve all this love from you?  But in our hearts we are truly grateful!  

1 comment:

  1. Feeling caught in a such enormous storm, uncertain of how to make it through safely - Pray that the Lord continues giving you confidence in the thought that He is with you in the midst of this storm, urging you to take courage in His presence, holding out His hand to you and help you both walk on water with Him. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete