Wednesday 4 October 2017

My God is a Good Father (Adrian)

2 Corinthians 6:18 “And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”


I am writing this in the hospital bed.
  • Yesterday I have admitted to the hospital, my condition has worsen in the past few weeks. 
  • My first line target drug has stopped working
  • My biopsy result confirmed that I am not eligible for the next line target drug.
  • Therefore my next line of treatment will be chemotherapy. 
  • But, I am scheduled for a radiotherapy treatment tomorrow to tackle a couple of issues first.
Last night, opposite me in the same ward,
  • There were 2 very sick old man, 
  • One man looks very much in his passing, his entire family came around to visit him. The doctor is trying to explain his situation to them. 
  • They were both in a much sedated condition.
  • I was thinkng what was going through in their minds, I doubt very much.
Lack of capacity to process new things
  • In the last few months, I was in quite a bit of physical pains. 
  • In my naive mind, I was hoping to have a lot of quality devotions and quiet time in my sickness. In a way yes, but there is a severe lacking in mental capacity in taking on new things as my mental condition is constantly distracted by my physical condition.
Only thing to cling on to
  • Under this kind of condition, my devotional need is retracted to one thing or one question only. My question is my God, the God that I believe, is He a Good Father ?
  • If He is , He must be with me from the beginning to the end. that's all I care about and this ALL I need to know.
  • Since there are few new insights to take on, I can only dig back to my memories, my previous walks with my Father, my high and lows, how He carries me through every time, how He brought everything to fruition in His perfect timing.
  • My only conclusion to this question is My God, He has been a Good Father to me and He still is today in every single details.
  • This is something that I wholeheartedly believe and I cannot deny
  • This is the only thing that I am clinging onto and this is the only thing that I need to know.



Our Daily Walk
  • Brothers and sisters, pay attention to your daily walk, devotion with the Father God.
  • Every Little events that he has guided you, dig deep, make journal, build up your memory with the Father God as these memories are going to carry you to eternity.
  • It is not something that you can just cramp in your last hours, cause you wouldn’t have time and mental capacity to do so.
  •  
  • Not only know your Father God in your mind, know Him in your Heart and Soul.
  • He is a good Father, if we know what He has planned for us, we would not ask Him to take anything back.




No comments:

Post a Comment