Monday 4 September 2017

Prayer List no.6 - Jesus Wept - 03/09/2017 (Christine)

This past week had been hard.  I have been holding onto a walking stick as my injured knee is rather weak.  Matt had his wisdom tooth taken out and had not eaten solid food for few days.
And for my dear husband - another series of doctor's appointment, scans and treatments - only to find out that the primary cancer had progressed and grown bigger.....

I saw a vivid vision during quiet time one morning:
There was this lego toy digger trying to dig into a huge dark forrest and after working hard for a while encountered an enormous tree root.  I felt so weak and helpless.....
Suddenly I saw Jesus Christ, standing amongst the trees, and there was this really big nail piercing through His hand, and His blood began to flow through the forrest....

God then gave me this familiar story of Lazarus from John 11
' This sickness will become an occasion to show God’s glory by glorifying God’s Son...
Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus, but oddly, when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed on where he was for two more days...
When Jesus saw Mary weeping... he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled.... and Jesus wept.'

Thank you God for these words and visions:
  • I praise God for His love, grace and mercy, and through the power of the Cross His glory is shown.
  • I understand that God's timing and His Will are in view - and He will work when the light starts to shine in our hearts.
  • I want to be like Thomas, courageous and bold to follow Jesus.  I want to be like Mary and Martha, showing total faith and uttermost belief in Jesus.
  • I understand that grief maybe an emotion that is hard to bear, and the reality of death may grip me with deep loneness and hopelessness.  But in salvation received by faith in Jesus I will be healed and restored.  I believe that God's love has no ends or limits - and He will move swiftly to turn my pain into peace and joy.
***So my beloved brothers and sisters please continue to pray for Adrian and our family....
NOT only for us,  BUT for the entire church community, wherever we are, whatever pain and challenges we are going through...
Pray that God will shine His light over our whole community - and by walking this journey together our community will be healed and restored.
May our GOD be glorified!!!

PS.  For brothers and sisters in HK - A message from our dear sister Fiona and brother Aaron - they have arranged a prayer meeting details as follows:
              Date :   11-Sep Monday 7:30pm-8:30pm
              Venue:  6/F Park Avenue Tower 5
                           Moreton Terrace Causeway Bay
                           Hong Kong (Nearby 中央圖書館)

4 comments:

  1. The Healing Creed – Becky Dvorak

    I believe in Jesus Christ and in the power of His blood to heal (1 Pet. 2: 24).
    He bore my griefs, carried my sorrows and pains, was wounded for my transgressions, crushed for my wickedness, the punishment for my well-being fell upon Him, and by His wounds I am healed (Isa. 53: 4-5).
    I have been redeemed from the hand of the enemy (Ps. 107: 2)—the thief, the devil who comes to steal, to kill, and to destroy (John 10: 10)—and loosed from the contents within his hand, the curse (Gal. 3: 13), and delivered from the spirit of fear and the power of death (Heb. 2: 14-15; 2 Tim. 1: 7).
    I am an ambassador of Christ (2 Cor. 5: 20); as Jesus is, so am I on this earth (1 John 4: 17). Like Him, I humbly walk in the power of the fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 5: 22-23)—love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. So that I can effectively carry out official kingdom business, such as to heal and to be healed for His glory.
    I possess His authority over satan and all of his wicked works (Luke 10: 19), including sickness and disease. Therefore, no weapon formed against me shall prosper (Isa. 54: 17), nor will any plague come near my dwelling (Ps. 91: 10).
    I bless the sweet Lamb of God; I remember all of His benefits, who pardons all iniquities, heals all disease, redeems my life from destruction, crowns me with lovingkindness and tender mercies, satisfies my mouth with good things, and renews my youth like the eagle’s (Ps. 103: 1–5). I am grateful that You are both able and willing (Luke 5: 12-13) to heal me in spirit, soul, and body (1 Thess. 5: 23).
    I partake of Your bread of life and drink from the cup of Your new covenant (John 6: 35; 1 Cor. 11: 23–32) to restore health to me and to heal me of my wounds (Prov. 4: 20–22) with Your healing balm of Gilead (Jer. 30: 17; 8: 22).
    Jehovah Rapha is my great physician (Exod. 15: 26). His medical report declares (Isa. 53) His Spirit gives life to my mortal body (Rom. 8: 11), and my faith makes me whole (Matt. 9: 22).
    I accept His advice to choose life that I may live (Deut. 30: 19). I receive beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isa. 61: 3). I take His medicine—laughter (Prov. 17: 22) and joy for my strength (Neh. 8: 10).
    I heed His counsel and repent (1 John 1: 9), rid myself of bitterness (Prov. 17: 22), forgive others (Matt. 6: 14), and empower my faith by love (Gal. 5: 6). With wisdom from on high (James 3: 17) I activate the Sword of the Spirit (Eph. 6: 17).
    With the realization that I possess the power of life and death in my tongue (Prov. 18: 21) I exercise His authority (Luke 10: 19). And I curse this sickness at its very root and seed (Mark 11: 12–24) and say no disease will prosper in my body (Isa. 54: 17). When I am weak I thank Him that He remains strong in me (2 Cor. 12: 9–11). And I boldly declare His abundant life, healing power, and supernatural strength to overtake my body (Rom. 4: 17; Isa. 40: 29,31) in Jesus’ name (John 14: 13-14; 15: 16; 16: 23-24,26).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is weird that the targeted therapy is not effective... Do you have second opinions from the other doctors, or have a chance to redo the analysis of the biopsy again...? The second biopsy is important particular that the targeted therapy is not effective...It is hard... suffering without knowing the purpose is hard and frustrating... like Job.. May peace be with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update. Really encouraged by your courage and faithfulness in following God in this difficult time. Will continue to pray for you guys! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete