Tuesday 4 July 2017

Three New Friends (Adrian)

Today is a funny day, the last day of my Radiotherahy. Christine and I drove to the car park in Royal Free Hospital, there are a few designated parking spaces for radiotheraphy patients. An old man stood behind his car, I reconized him from yesterday's treatment but we didn't speak.

I got out of my car and introduced myself to him, instead of exchanging our job title and fields that we worked like in a business meeting, we exchanged our diagnosis and treatment. He is a man in his late 70s suffering from prostate cancer. 

His introduction is rather interesting, he said, "I am Michael. I have prostate cancer, I started my treatment yesterday. I had a son who committed suicide. I knew I am going to meet him again. "  He introduced this as his profile.

I asked him do you have faith, Michael said, "I am a Christian". I then offered to pray for him. I prayed for him in the car park for peace and hope.

After my treatment, I came out from the clinic, I saw Michael with 2 other old men also in their 70s sitting on the bench chatting. I went up to them and say hi and bye because today is my last treatment, Same thing, we exchanged our diagnosis, prostate cancer, prostate cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer plus the number of treatments required.... within 10 seconds, we understood each others and that's all we need to know.

Same, I asked them do you have faith. Michael said yes, the man in the middle said yes and the last one laughted at me. I offered my sincere best wishes to them then leave with a smile.

Michael understands 2 most impostant things in life, who/(where) he really is and he knew he will meet his son again in eternity.

1 John 5:13 - I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sharing Adrian. We have FAITH, LOVE, HOPE and longing for Eternal Life.

    Much love Susanna (Yuen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
    They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.

    You are such a blessing, brother!

    Lots of love to you and your family,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such beautiful sharing.

    Blessed
    Florence

    ReplyDelete