Thursday 6 July 2017

Posture (Adrian)

1 Peter 5:6-7
So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and anxieties to God, for he cares about you.

Over a year ago, a sister felt prompted to give me the above verse.
For some reason, this verse really resonates with me and has been staying in my mind even till now. 

We often worry about the "outcomes", but little that we know it is our "posture" that matters the most.

To me, this verse helps me to set my posture and in many ways this is all I need to know and focus.

  • A posture that helps me to engage in any and all situations. 
  • A posture that constantly reminds me of my position and who God is
  • A posture that keep my pridefulness at bay 
  • A posture to trust that He is in control
  • A posture to wait for his goodness patiently
  • A posture to cast all my worries to Him and I don't have to deal with all these myself
  • A posture to show that He cares

I may be facing a storm but this has been the posture that I am engaging in many and this situation.

A posture that reminds me. I do not need to know the outcomes, all I need to know is having the right posture to engage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment