Saturday 1 July 2017

Ground Breaking at Work (Adrian)

John 10:27-28 - My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. 

I have been working at the same company for 17 years. 
While I have always get on well with most of my colleagues, my regret is finding it difficult to witness my faith in a corporate setting. Nevertheless, most of my colleagues know I am a Christian.

Last Friday, I went up to my colleagues one by one, breaking the news to them
 
My main line of conversation: 'I was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer, but I intended to carry on working and support you for as long as I am able.'

My colleagues were amazed by my calmness and how strong I am.  Most of them were quite emotional when they heard of the news.

I thank God for giving me opportunity to reach out to them at a deeper level.
I prayed that God will give me more time to witness Him among my colleagues. How a Christian with eternal hope face the possibility of death.

I treasure every moment and the people at work, I begin to see work differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment