Thursday 10 August 2017

Of course the servants knew (Adrian)

John 2: 7 - 9
7 Jesus told the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” When the jars had been filled, 
8 he said, “Now dip some out, and take it to the master of ceremonies.” So the servants followed his instructions.
9 When the master of ceremonies tasted the water that was now wine, not knowing where it had come from (though, of course, the servants knew)

 


Of course the servants knew

Have you been a place where you know your serve is totally unfit for the purpose even you were serving from your best heart condition. The lacking can be circumstancial, relational challenges, lacking of ability, gifting & anointing .........

I am blessed by all the timely treatments plus the love and care that I have received by so many brothers and sisters.

However, various treatments trigger different kinds of side effects plus coping with my bone pain (thank God that this has come down quite a bit in the last week). 
  • Every day is a different journey. 
  • Sometime I have energy to carry on as normal, 
  • Sometime I am totally exhausted.
  • 2 days ago, I received an IV medication to help strengthening my bone. Yesterday, I am at home shivering with flu symptoms, one of the known side effect of the drug.

I am in a zone where time and ability has a different meaning to me. 
  • I cannot plan anything with a time perspective, saying I am going to this in the next 3 years (I am not sure I have the time), 
  • I cannot plan anything based on my physical fitness cause I have no idea how my body is going to react to the treatment and my daily condition.
Nevertheless, I do have a choice, 
  • a choice to keep going while I still can regardless of whatever situation that I am in OR
  • choose to wait until I feel that situation has improved which may or may not happen.
  • I chose to keep going, continue with our serving in church and work in the last 3 months.

2 days ago, Christine shared a passage with me from her devotion, Jesus' first miracle, turning water into wine. 

This more or less summed up where we are

        We know full well that the water that we pour into the jar
            is only fit for feet washing (our serve),
        We are merely like the servant in the story
            Each time, faithfully bringing out the water (our unworithness) under the master's instruction,
        We know full well that we can only look upon Jesus to
            bless our serve and trusting that at some point He will turn our feet washing water into wine.



The truth is if anything good is going to pour out from our serve, we know full well that this is Jesus' doing
   

2 comments:

  1. I never thought in such way that my water is only fit for feet washing. It is a good reminder that whatever good we see in our service is all by God.

    Which reminds me it was well said by Paul in Romans 15:18 - I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done.

    Thanks for sharing, and may God continue to bless you and your family a humble soul and a fierce body. In prayers, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sharing, Adrian. Your blog has been a devotional passage to me, your water has become my wine.
    "We can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps." Proverbs 16:9
    Blessed are your faith in Christ, your everlasting serving. Pray that God will continue to protect and give comfort to you and your family through this challenging journey.

    ReplyDelete