Monday 31 July 2017

A Legacy of Love (Adrian)

"A new command I give you: 
Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34

When I first heard about the news, apart from a few practical things, THE thing that immediately came to my mind is, "Oh, "SH?T" what have I done".
  • Not that I have done anything wrong. If you are a Christian, you will understand what I mean. 
  • I am going to face God on my own. Do you have any idea what this means? Chapters of my life kept flashing back at me, things that I have done in the past.
    • "Am I ready?" I talked to myself. 
    • Perhaps, the question I am really searching was, "How do I know I am ready?"
  •  On one hand, I knew my God is a good father and salvation is by grace and not by doing.
  • However, I don't want to face Him in shame,  How could I go empty hand? What am I going to bring to Him? Have I live a life worthy of His calling? Will He call me a loyal and faithful servant?
  • Many things I have done in the past but what are the things that matter and of value? Did I build on sand or on solid ground?
  • Have I fought the good fight?

I quickly realised most things in life don't matter any more, 
  • what does it matter if you drive a better car? have a better career than the others?
  • none of the material things, none of the social status in the world and even in church matters, 
  • I could not take any of these away.
Nevertheless, I believe there are a few things that matter and of eternal values.
    • My memories
    • My relationship with Father God and 
    • My relationship with other people, 
      • Practically the time that I have invested on others' souls. 
    • These are the things of eternal values and they will stay forever.
For many years, I teach a concept of "Sheep-herding" in our congregation.
  • it means,  
    • as an individual we are a "sheep"
    • together we are a "herd". 
    • we may not all be a pastor by employment, but we all have pastoral duties over another soul. 
    • our lives are interlocking with one another and 
    • the base of all foundations is "Love", without love there is simply no base for anything.
    • the true meaning of our lives is based on how much we have "invested on other people's lives".

In the past 2 months, 
  • I have the privilege of meeting with many people, reading many messages, cards and emails.
  • Each one reminded me the blessed time that we have journeyed.  
  • I thank God for all the opportunities that He has given me. 
  • I thank God for all the divine appointments that He has granted me with the others
  • I wouldn't trade these for anything. 
  • These are the memories that I am going to take away when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment